FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice: WAS to MAD June 2014 for 4 people?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 9:49 am
wsflyer

Originally Posted by Cugel
Hello everyone,

I'm looking to use miles to pay for tickets from WAS to MAD next June. Due to a family wedding I have to get 4 tix (2 adult, 2 kids -- will be 12 and 10 at the time of travel). We're looking at travelling from June 2 to 12 but are flexible... we only have to be there on June 6, 7 and 8.

Can someone suggest a credit card strategy through which I can get a ticket or two paid for using miles?
In general, I find United to be the easiest to redeem mileage because of Star Alliance partners. I would look at the Credit Card forum, Chase Ultimate Rewards forum, and the United forum for advice on getting credit card bonuses. Basically, each adult should aim to collect 120,000 miles (2 low, economy roundtrips). There are a variety of Chase cards available for United and for Ultimate Rewards that can be transferred to United accounts.

Also, search for ANA in the United forum--its website is a good resource to find Star Alliance award flights. Good luck.