FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jul 22, 2013, 9:37 am
mrstraveler

Originally Posted by mrstraveler
I booked a flight on AA which was canceled due to weather/air control issues. I was rebooked on a United flight the same day. I still haven't received AA miles and flight was last Wednesday. Who owes me the miles AA or United?
Originally Posted by brp
To start with, no one actually owes you AA miles. You can certainly get UA miles from United if you are part of their program. If you want AA miles, you can contact AA about this and ask for Original Routing Credit. Be aware that nothing is owed, and they may say yes or no. Had it been a mechanical issue, the likelihood would have been pretty good. With weather, it is less so (since it is not their "fault") but is still possible. Nothing will happen, though, unless you contact AA.

Cheers.
Originally Posted by brp
To start with, no one actually owes you AA miles. You can certainly get UA miles from United if you are part of their program. If you want AA miles, you can contact AA about this and ask for Original Routing Credit. Be aware that nothing is owed, and they may say yes or no. Had it been a mechanical issue, the likelihood would have been pretty good. With weather, it is less so (since it is not their "fault") but is still possible. Nothing will happen, though, unless you contact AA.

Cheers.
I see thank you. Is there a time limit or frame for contacting them or can I take care of it when I return from my trip next month?