FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sun Sentinel: 12,000 TSA TSOs are military veterans
Old Jul 22, 2013, 7:05 am
WillCAD

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards. Tha... that's about it.
Originally Posted by tsadude1
What a new low, bashing veterans. Have anything to say about how many disabled veterans that are working for the TSA? Or perhaps all of the retired cops and fireman working the the same agency? What about those in the Guard/Reserve who are still rotating to Afghanistan?
I am ashamed to admit that my country has a long and rich history of ignoring, marginalizing, and mistreating its veterans.

However, that being said, I also acknowledge that the military mindset of instant, unquestioning, mindless obedience under any circumstances, which is great for maintaining discipline and motivating troops to charge at people who are trying to kill them, is completely incompatible with any civilian agency, particularly one like TSA whose primary responsibilities require continuous interaction with the public.

I have great respect for anyone who served, whether in combat or in a support role in Nowheresville USA. However, I find the military attitude of SHUT UP AND OBEY ME NOW to be abhorant, and incompatible with civilian life.

So, while I disagree with a lot of the vet bashing that goes on in FT, I have no respect at all for TSA as an organization, and none for any TSO who doesn't know or deliberately ignores the SOP he's supposed to be following and engages in illegal, imoral, unethical, rude, crude, obnoxious, or abusive behavior, whether they're a vet or not.