FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New IHG Best Rate Guarantee - Discussion & Feedback
Old Jul 22, 2013, 4:42 am
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by famevei
My experience with IHG BRG is not great at all. Sorry for my rant . I mean I find IHG BRG is very misleading. I am trying to do BRG for Pallazo, in Sept with no avail.
Maybe because I only booked 1 night I am not sure but it's very frustrating . What IHG BRG will do to turn down your what I consider valid claim.
They will put you on hold and they will open multiple browsers, they will do all they can to turn down your claim and the reason is always the same " the rate we found is the lowest and the same rate as the one you booked". I asked them how is that so, and they said that they used multiple browsers to determine the rate. I advised them that I have google chrome and safari , and the rate shows lower. They will not honour it and used all kind of excuses to turn down your claim. I'd rather IHG be honest and say it straight up that we are not honouring rate from Palazzo or something, it's a waste of time and so pretentious.
I just want to say that IHG BRG is the most misleading, I have no problem dealing BRG with Marriott and SPG, Best Western. But this IHG for me is almost a false claim. I am planning to try other properties besides Marriott or SPG , but considering their service and misleading information I have been given, I have decided to stay loyal at other competitors other than IHG. I have Platinum at IHG but so far I have not yet been given the right treatment by IHG customer services.
+1. I don't pay $ to stay at IHGs, I only do points stays. Marriott is much better - they are more honest and do the right thing ^

I think it's absolutely unprofessional that they have to verify via several browsers, as long as one works, what's the problem?

I don't have any success with BRG over the phone. What I do is always the online form. I know some posters had the exact opposite experience, but this is what works for me.

Did you book prepaid rate?