FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Defining the mission of MilesBuzz; Adding a Flame Free Q&A Forum?
Old Jul 20, 2013, 7:50 am
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Indeed. The forum is a disaster. There are 2, perhaps 3 threads on entire page that have anything to do with earning miles. Make a general help forum if need be, but please get this crap out of MilesBuzz!
Quite right. And the few that are there, are not really buzzworthy, mainly just for a pittance of miles earning.

Which is why my view is that, there de factor already is a help me/newbie forum - it's just called MilesBuzz right now. So all of this arguing over whether such a forum is needed, is moot really - it's created itself by default.

Is this because we've now (with the CC forum, blog forum, etc) given homes to prior MB topics? Or there just aren't any buzzworthy offers right now? I don't know, but it's been that way for awhile IME.

So why not give the Help/Newbie thing a try? All you have to do is re-title MB and then move the few remaining actual earning threads to a "New MB" forum. Or if not, then quit pretending MB is still a thing, re-title it and be done with it if it's no longer relevant (for whatever reason).

Either way it seems clear due to the lack of Buzzworthy content for some time, that either something is mis-aligned or is already captured elsewhere...so why not try something to clean it up?

With all due respect, how long does it take to make a TB decision? The relevant threads here have been around since April. Give something a try - if it doesn't work, then roll it back or do something else instead of continuing to stagnate.