FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Defining the mission of MilesBuzz; Adding a Flame Free Q&A Forum?
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:14 am
Mary2e
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by tcook052
I agree the forum isn't what it used to be but it's changed because IMHO we're not proactively encouraging members, especially newer ones, to invest the time to research their questions in the individual forums that already exist and that are outstanding resources. Creating a brand new forum merely enables that behavior which ultimately I think makes FT harder not easier to use with added layers of duplication.
I agree. But most of these people don't want to be bothered to learn. As an ambassador, I'm really not supposed to tell people to "go search & read." The point of the program is to help newbies, which I do, but only if after I search their posting history I see that they are truly trying to learn and not just posting to get that free vacation the bloggers promised.

FWIW - in the individual program forums, at least those I look at, these newbies are mostly being ignored by the regulars.

I think we need a place to send them and those who want to help can go to that forum. Part of that help could and should include, the information/means to find the information themselves.