FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mumbai CSIA [BOM] connection/departure experience reports
Old Jul 18, 2013, 8:47 pm
bennette

Hmm, can't decide if it's handy or terrifying to see the popularity of this thread.

I may need to get from Ahmedabad to Mumbai and then on to LAX in September. My international-only experience there was pretty rough so I'm not looking forward to this.

If I can't get a reasonable price direct from Ahmedabad, I will take Jet Air to Mumbai domestic, then transfer to international.

I am happy to pre pay for a taxi and my local logistics company can help with that. I notice another poster mentioned he had the airline driver meet him at domestic and transfer him. I think that was with Emirates, which I will also be flying. I will be taking their business class, which comes with car service. I didn't get VIP service of any kind outside of the airport and was held to the three-hour window, although Emirates was quite gracious once inside.

Has anyone had definite experience with getting assistance INTO the airport? I have a five hour travel window between international and domestic and I'd like to spend as much of it in the Emirates lounge as possible.