Old Jul 18, 13, 1:45 pm
beachmouse

Programs: IHG Spire, Delta GM
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie View Post
If the default is elsewhere, why repost in MBuzz?

Shouldn't the 'training' be, if looking for hotel deals see hotel deal forum, if looking for mileage run deals, see mileage run deals forum, etc etc.
-
I'll admit to being lazy and liking it quite a lot when an interesting opportunity pops up in one centralized area because I don't want to have to dig through every single other subforum to turn it up. Example- there's a Jet Blue promo right now that lets you rack up 1000 free points in their loyalty program for about 10-15 minutes of effort. I normally have no reason to pay attention to Jet Blue; the nearest they come to my house is about a four hour's drive away in New Orleans. But you can swap those points at Points.com into any number of other programs because you can pull points out of True Blue in 1000 point chunks there. Which could get me 630 PC points or 230 Skypesos, that would actually be relevant for my travel purposes.

This is the kind of stuff I'd love to see in MilesBuzz- places to pick up a bit of loyalty currency where you wouldn't necessarily expect it. If it's buried in the Jet Blue forum where it's currently getting some discussion, I never see it; instead I was just lucky to find out about the promo while glancing through Slick Deals.