FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What are Executive Platinum / EP / EXP benefits? Are they worth it? (master thd)
Old Jul 17, 2013, 6:35 pm
MasterPlanner

Programs: AA (EXP, 3 MM), Hyatt Globalist, Taj InnerCircle Silver, MLife Noir, former LHW-Aurelian
Originally Posted by ammassot
Hi guys. My home airport is EZE and on an annual basis I usually fly just above 50,000 in OW flights, which allows me to keep my AAdvantage Platinum status. This year however, I will be flying to HAN during October and my balance will reach 78,000 EQM. My question is twofold, is it worth trying to hit 100,000 EQM in order to reach Executive Platinum? If so, which would the the cheapest way to obtain 22,000 EQM?
Thank you in advance and best regards,

Alex
Alex, my answer would hinge on what your flying plans are in 2014. The key benefits to EXP (for me) are nearly unlimited upgrades when flying on AA within the US and the 8 SWU's for international travel. (There are many others, of course). If you have minimal travel plans next year within the US and internationally on AA metal then it's probably not worth it, but if so then by all means...

Best of luck!