FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Capital One Aspire credit card - any real world experience?
Old Jul 17, 2013, 10:52 am
1Newflyer

Originally Posted by marktwothousand
I hear what you're saying, but the certificate of insurance implies that they do cover frequent flyer mile-booked trips. For example, under the cancellation section of the benefits guide, it says "This coverage will only cover any excess cost (i.e., the administration charges to cancel or change the itinerary) over and above the travel rewards provided by any reward or frequent flyer plan. This plan does not cover the value of the loss of reward or frequent flyer plan points." (Page 17 here http://www.capitalone.ca/media/doc/c...d-benefits.pdf)

I believe erring on the side of caution is good, but the benefits guide seems to suggest that the costs associated with points-travel would be covered, if the full cost was charged to the C1 card. It is precisely your beliefs and what the benefits guide says, which I'm trying to reconcile and which I find confusing. So many mixed messages on this one!
Good point, C1 makes no reference of exclusion of this situation either which make me believe you are right. Other cards definitely cover and say so, even though they use the language of "full fare" as C1 does. There is too many negative comments regarding these claims which makes this card less and less appealing.