FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any plans to rebuild the UA concourse (C and D gates & UX terminal) at IAD / Dulles?
Old Jul 16, 2013, 4:24 pm
FWAAA
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfingboy
Might happen, might not happen. However, I am pretty sure US and soon to be "+ AA's share" at DCA will be a topic of controversy in the merger discussion with the government. I wouldn't be surprised if they will be required to hand over some in-perimeter slots.
Originally Posted by drewguy
Indeed, the remedy is likely to be that "+AA's share" becomes someone else's share.
I think it's apparent/obvious/foregone conclusion that new AA will have to divest some DCA slots, but that has very little to do with the loyalty of long-term customers in the WAS metro area. As Parker has said, divested DCA slots will mean that small towns will lose their three-times-a-day CRJs, it won't cause reductions to the hubs or big focus cities. Handing over some slots to WN or B6 or NK won't necessarily cause long-term loyal customers to flee to WN or B6 or NK.

As I posted above, AA spent 2012 taking business away from UA. If that trend continues, new AA might see the benefits of expansion at IAD/SFO/etc.