FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Rewards and United MileagePlus "RewardsPlus" Partnership
Old Jul 15, 2013, 5:24 pm
Texas Booster

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
A MP number popped up on the registration page. I didn't recognize it, since I do my best to never fly CO or UA. Being in a hurry, I clicked on it anyway.

Turns out that the number was NOT from my old CO days. I called 855-825-6327, which gave me a very good rep for United MP. She said that UA purged their files of folks like me (just like most airlines). She cannot see any indication that I signed up, and has no access to MR information. We did create a new MP account.

On hold with MR Cust Serv to see their side of the story. Perhaps that is another benefit - longer hold times when calling in to fix issues.

Turns out that MR at least knows about this promo but they do not have any numbers in in the screen showing the member profile.

Their advice is to wait 20 days for UA to merge our member profiles, then call back and ensure that my profile is correct.

Last edited by Texas Booster; Jul 15, 2013 at 6:14 pm Reason: spelling