FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - RewardsPlus - Comp'ed Marriot/UA status {Archive}
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:39 am
valor155

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by FC ORD
Like many others, this enhancement is a negative for me. I am already Marriott Plat and United 1K, so the only thing is see is more crowds in the Marriott lounges. Now if we could "double dip" that would be nice.

On the negative side, this change could push me over to Hilton. I stay enough nights to be an elite in only one program, If I can now be Gold in Marriott because of my UA status, then I may stay fewer nights there and instead stay mote at Hilton to also achieve status there.

Does this make sense to any of you?
YES. I'm in the same boat . . . 1K and Plat.

This automatic Marriott Gold Status is good enough for me. I will probably be staying a little more at Hyatt and SPG, depending on location.

In the past, there was always the desire to at least make Gold, but now with my work travel habits, that's pretty much automatic, so I probably won't end up being as Marriott-loyal as I have been.

That being said, if I can make it to Plat relatively easily, then I'll try! I made it the last 2 years, barely.

Still, I won't complain about a benefit to UA FFs that most will like. It's definitely an improvement in the program, even if I personally don't get a lot of benefit from it right now. Afterall, if I stay say 30 nights in Marriotts next year, it will! ^