FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Advice: Chicago-London-Maldives
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:53 pm
iceman77_7

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Kylecb5431
Hi Guys!

I need some help scheduling this complicated (in my mind) flight itinerary. I am advanced in maximizing my spending to accumulate points, but have never used them for such an extravagant flight.

Dec. 2014 (I Plan Ahead!)

1. Chicago to London, Stay for 3-5 days
-Can I use an open jaw here, and still leave from the same airport in London? Or does it have to be a different airport?
-If so maybe we can do something like Paris and London by Chunnel

2. London to Male Stay for 10+ Days
-I would like to take Turkish airlines and doing a layover in Istanbul for 1 day with no hotel. (arrive in AM leave in PM)

3. Male to Chicago
-If possible take a airline and route that will allow us to fly a A380.

Summary
-Chicago to Maldives
-Open Jaw in Europe (open to suggestions)
-Extended layover somewhere else in Europe that is good for a day (Open for suggestions)
-Return flight with A380 experience.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am new to the complex award flight itinerary.

Points Summary
500,000+ Chase Points
200,000+ AMex points

Thanks,
Kyle
Shouldn't be too hard with UA miles. Do you want to go in economy or business? Assuming you're not going over Christmas, it should be easy to get your flights, particularly in economy. The best bet for the return in the A380 would likely be SQ, which has good MLE-SIN availability. If you want premium cabin A380 though, you'll have to do China Southern for *A. Look at how things look for this December as a gauge for how things may look for 12/2014.