FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do when European hotel insists on charging in US dollars
Old Jul 12, 2013, 1:20 am
JEFFJAGUAR

Originally Posted by TimothyTaylorLandlord
you paid for a $9 meal on a card?

GHU
Is there anything so strange about that? BTW, every morning when I am in London, my routine is to stop at Tesco, purchase two small containers of teso orange juice for 54p each or £1.08 something like $1.59 and I use a credit card...then hop over to McDonald's for breakfast, get a bacon, egg and cheese bagel ,meal for £3.29 (choosing as the beverage coffee), down the orange juices with the meal. Later on in the day, since I admit I am terrible addicted to it, I might stop at Tesco again or some other grocery chain and purchase 2 500 ml bottles of diet coke cherry for £1.19 and use my credit card.

At home, I might stop in by Mickey D and Burger King and buy something for $2 or so and use a credit card. As a matter of fact, every since my nearby Chinese take out place started taking credit cards (they use square), I can't remember the last time I spent cash for anything.

And you know something. I don't have the slightest bit of a guiltfeeling about it. What's wrong with charging a $9 meal anyway?