FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions for November trip?
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:48 pm
EDIflyer

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Lightbulb Suggestions for November trip?

Hi folks

I've got an upcoming trip this November to California. It's partly based around a BA Tier Point run from LAS to SJU so some aspects of it are fixed, but I'd be really interested in any suggestions around some spare time I have in my itinerary.

Basically I arrive back into LAS early on Sunday evening. I'm staying overnight there to recuperate a bit and then picking up a hire car the next day (~$100 all-in one-way rental with Hertz).

My return flight home isn't until 20:45 on the Thursday night, so I've got pretty much a full four days to get myself from LAS to LAX.

At present I've provisionally booked (reward points so fully cancellable) into the Hilton Palm Springs for one night and the WA La Quinta for a couple nights. My plan was to focus on seeing Joshua Tree National Park and relaxing a bit at La Quinta but thought I'd throw it out to the experts here to see what suggestions people had. I'm hopeful the weather should be fairly pleasant that this time of year? (early Nov)

I've been to LA a couple of times recently so I'm not planning on spending any significant time there, just aiming to arrive at LAX around 6pm or so to drop off my hire car.

Thoughts/suggestions on places to see and/or best routings to take very welcome!