FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prepaid SIM - Israel (and non-prepaid)
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2013, 2:25 am
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by craz
CBS is a 10 min walk from my Hotel, do you remember where in the CBS its located?

Dont know why they couldnt have said Kanyon Malcha instead of listing a street, got it off their site under Locations. But they didnt mention the CBS
Very strange - on the Hebrew site, they first list the mall and then the street name. Also, on the Hebrew site, they mention 4 places under "sale points," the one in Malcha, the one in Talpiot, CBS, and one in Pisgat Ze'ev.

Regardless, if you enter CBS from the main entrance on Yaffo, (by the traffic light), the kiosk is directly in front of you. It's on the 1st floor right by the Bank Hapoalim vestibule.

Originally Posted by weekilter
I'm not sure what the designation "full service" is supposed to be. "Full service" is sort of nebulous and really has nothing to do with the sort of service offered as all of the mobile offerings have service and none of the MVNO offerings have any less than the major operators i.e. Orange, Cellcom, Pelephone etc. The MVNO operators in fact use one of the majors' networks.
Which is why I said there's no service difference.

Also note, that you may have trouble getting "billed" service rather than prepaid if you don't have an Israeli credit file. You may be relegated to only prepaid options.
I know hundreds of people who use a passport number with a foreign credit card and get billed service as opposed to prepaid. All you need to do is sign up, and when they ask for your TZ number, give your passport number instead. For credit card, just give a foreign credit card. I did this with no problems until I became an Israeli citizen, and I still use a foreign credit card.

The only issue with a foreign credit card, (and this has nothing to do with citizenship or not,) is if you're buying a device with multiple payments, where they may take the whole chunk out in one lump sum. But most Israelis don't even buy phones in Israel because of the exorbitant cost - why would a visitor?!

Also, regarding prepaid if you attempt to refill through a foreign credit card using customer service your card may not be accepted. You can always do prepaid refills (in Israel) by going to a local post office or at least for the major operators Orange, Cellcom and Pelephone I'm not sure if you can do this with the MVNO's.
I don't know whether or not the MVNOs have prepaid. I do know that prepaid is really being phased out. However, Orange, Cellcom, and Pelephone do take foreign credit card in their service centers.