FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Global First in cabin luggage storage
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2013, 9:51 pm
gengar

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
In 747 GF, is there not even storage for a backpack at the seat? In BF lie-flats, one can be placed in the footwell. If no similar footwell in 744 GF, it has to go where?

Thanks!
No. All luggage is supposed to go up top. And my understanding is that luggage is not supposed to be stored in the footwells in lie-flat C, either.

The curvature of the 747 cabin also means that the seats sometimes have different sized in-seat storage (smaller) compared to the 767/777, but that probably doesn't matter except for small bags.

Originally Posted by DavidHatt
I flew 1A on a 747 SFO-FRA and the FAs put my carryons in a bin underneath place where they put sandwiches.. It's front of the center seats. The bin was within reach without me having to get up.
I would not depend on the availability of this space for passenger bags.

Originally Posted by love_to_travel
On my last Global First trip on a 747 I was in 2K and I had a really hard time getting my 21" carry-on into the bin right above my seat, so I choose 3K for my next trip. For the trip after that I'm traveling with a friend so I choose 1A/K for us. I have no idea where we're going to put our stuff on that trip, although I do see on SeatGuru that there is storage space between 1A and 1K and also right in front of 3C and 3H.
Board first and put it wherever you want. It's not your fault that this particular product has such bad overseat storage space.