FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - why does travel booked with points NOT count towards A-list qualifiying trips?
Old Jul 9, 2013, 4:10 pm
expert7700

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by no2chem
yes, quite the contrary, I think for those who actually fly enough to earn CP, we might even consider the whole 50k credit card thing a bit unfair...

I mean, what is the point of an "elite" program if the qualification requirements are free??
As many have concerns over the future of WN's companion pass program, I feel this exact same way. It was never designed to give a person upto 23.5 months of "free" companion pass by them signing up for a credit card and a 2nd credit card under a fake business name. Then after it expires, they either sign up under a spouse's name and repeat the process or try cancelling their credit cards and signing back up.

I hope that Southwest continues the program , but that as soon as possible they set the bar to what it was originally intended to be: 100 butt-in-seat paid flight segments (or 110,000 flight points, without partner/credit card/multiplier tier/promotions). With fuel costs going up, and international destinations around the corner, I want to know that everyone else with CP has worked just as hard at it (flying) as I have.

Regarding A listers, the program tiers have set #s. Either the #s are right or not, there shouldn't be promos to double TQP, except MAYBE in brand new city launches if WN wants to give business travellers an easier way in to A-list. Still, I'd rather see a "fly 6 round trips from Flint Michigan within 90 days type of promo."