FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jul 9, 2013, 11:57 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by flyingCoquina
Hello everyone, this is my first post but I have already spent some time reading a couple of topics before registration. Anyway, I´m trying to book a hotel with AA miles but at the end of the process I´m asked to provide an address in the USA, Canada or Puerto Rico. My Portuguese address is already filled in, it´s just the country that doesn’t match. My question is, can I book the hotel anyway and just say that the address is in Canada or the US without any problems? Or will they ask me about the address at the hotel and refuse to check me in?

Thank you for your help
I can't say for sure whether listing the address as USA, Canada or PR will work within the system, but I can say that we've booked several times and never been questioned about address and such. Some hotels in other countries have people fill out a card, but it wasn't tied, in any way, to the reservation. My feeling is that, as long as you can get it to go through, you won't face problems. But you may want to call the support number for that program (different from the AA Web Support number) to get a more definitive answer.

Cheers.