FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is Premium Economy worth GBP 1250 more ?
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2013, 11:14 pm
Indelaware

Originally Posted by trueblu
The first part of your polemical outburst may have had some merit -- were it not for the ludicrous second paragraph. Since you are suggesting that BA charge no extra for WTP, even though it is objectively a superior product, I'm afraid your argument just comes off as a rant.
I disagree that it is a superior product; regardless of cabin, all seats on any given flight arrive at approximately the same time. The only elements of air travel which I value are: transport from A to B, safety from A to B, comfort in cabin (which to me has nothing at all to do with seat size/type, but that the cabin has reasonably fresh air at a low temperature), map showing air craft position, ATC feed (only offered by UA), drinking water and minimal food, a FF plan which yields future free travel, and of course price. Others are welcome to fancier seats, but to me such has zero value and it strikes me as odd that others care to pay. I saw this as one who routinely travels not only over one ocean but often two -- all in the cheapest seat which can be found. While one may think I am ludicrous, I think the same of anyone contributing a penny more to any airline's revenue than required. And GBP 1250, is certainly nuts.

Last edited by Indelaware; Jul 7, 2013 at 11:23 pm