FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Amangiri Trip Reports (combined threads)
View Single Post
Old Jul 7, 2013, 12:23 am
aa213bb

Amangiri Trip Reports (combined threads)

Earlier this year we decided to add another Aman to our list of experiences, and chose Amangiri, in Southern Utah.

Coming from the US West Coast – and, most likely, anywhere else – several options exist for traveling to the property:

1) Drive
2) Fly to Las Vegas and drive (or have Amangiri arrange transfers)
3) Fly to St. George, Flagstaff, or Phoenix and drive (or have Amangiri arrange transfers)
4) Fly to Page, AZ where Amangiri provides complimentary round-trip transfers

We chose the last option, which entails flying a very small regional “airline”, Great Lakes Air. From LAX we flew a small Beechcraft 1900 (interior photo [not mine]) to Prescott, AZ, where we unloaded a few passengers and added a few more before heading on to Page.

I cannot urge you strongly enough to choose one of the other methods of transportation.

All of our flights were delayed, and when I looked over their history, the performance/on-time ratings were incredibly low. Couple this with a later afternoon (if on time) arrival into Page, and one would not be at the property until 4:30pm or later.

Based on our chats with other guests (and, I believe there are similar reports elsewhere on FT) I would strongly encourage the following type of travel plan, if your schedule allows:

1) Fly into Las Vegas, and overnight for one (or more) night(s)
2) Hire a car and drive to Amangiri in the morning – I was told it is a beautiful and easy drive to make
3) Stay at Amangiri
4) Leave Amangiri late afternoon/early evening to return to Las Vegas, where one can either catch an evening flight, or overnight and then fly the next morning.

Especially coming from the West Coast, this is an incredibly easy itinerary, and Las Vegas provides the best combination of luxury properties and flight diversity/schedules.

On arrival at Page, we were met by an Amangiri representative and immediately ensconced in one of their BMWs for the ~ 35 minute drive to the property.

Once we arrived, I just knew we were in for a fantastic experience. The property is STUNNING.

Amangiri

Up Next ... Amangiri: The Tour

Last edited by aa213bb; Jul 7, 2013 at 6:11 pm Reason: Included additional info Kage provided