FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE]
Old Jul 5, 2013, 2:32 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by mjsinch
... I am willing to go to the airport on the 20th to try to fly stand-by on the flight I want, but I was told that since the flight I want is 24 hours earlier than the flight I am confirmed on, it is very likely that I will be told I cannot get on the stand-by list. Does this sound correct? ...
that is correct and the computer will no allowed SDC -- also the fare class needs to be available and that could be a problem at that point

... My impression is that my chance of finding someone from UA who would bend the rules a bit and put me on the stand-by list is very small. Has anyone else managed to get on the stand-by list in this type of situation? ...
this has happen but requires the agent to overrule (and be recorded as such) doing this.

... Any suggestions? My impression is that my chances of getting off the waitlist at this point are very low. Agreed? ...
not sure I would state this, but you best time for this will likely be in the last few hours prior to desired flight. But I would not give up hope -- watch the Y fare class and as long as it is Y9 or even a bit less as you get close the possibilities exist -- the available seats may not be the best, but keep watching....