FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Waitlist for Award Seats Questions/Issues [ARCHIVE]
Old Jul 5, 2013, 2:06 pm
mjsinch

I have a question about options if a waitlisted award flight does not open up. I've been waitlisted on a n/s flight from IAD > GVA on July 20th for many months. I am Premier Silver and confirmed with a Saver Award on the same flight on July 21st but would really like to fly on the 20th. Unfortunately, I have a meeting in WDC until noon on the 20th so none of the earlier flights are possible.

I've tried the Flyer Talk strategy of repeatedly calling the Premier desk until I finally got what I think is straight information on this. I am willing to go to the airport on the 20th to try to fly stand-by on the flight I want, but I was told that since the flight I want is 24 hours earlier than the flight I am confirmed on, it is very likely that I will be told I cannot get on the stand-by list. Does this sound correct? My impression is that my chance of finding someone from UA who would bend the rules a bit and put me on the stand-by list is very small. Has anyone else managed to get on the stand-by list in this type of situation?

Any suggestions? My impression is that my chances of getting off the waitlist at this point are very low. Agreed?

Thanks for your help!