FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New TV Commercial for p.s.
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:27 pm
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by LASUA1K
That's a very cheap add. It really looks like something WN would come up with.
That's an insult to WN.

Originally Posted by Sulley
Really? Really?

I've been on numerous 10-11 hour flights on legacy UA 767's. You're living in a dream world. There is a big, big world outside of SFO.
Please leave the personal attacks out of it.

We're supposed to discuss the topic of the thread, not attack each other.

In response, what I said is the truth. I've flown hundreds of thousands of TPAC and TATL miles out of SFO, and all of them were 777 and 747.

This is not a dream. This is my experience. And, that's what I wrote about.

Originally Posted by DaviddesJ
Suppose they put exactly the same seats with exactly the same dimensions in the 757 or 767. Then why would you care what kind of a plane you are in?

The 787 is advertised as having some advantages, e.g., better cabin pressure and humidity. But as far as I know, the air in a 747 is exactly the same as in a 767. What's the difference?
I find the larger aircraft to be smoother, quieter, and more comfortable. I find the smaller aircraft, to be noisier and less comfortable. There's a tangible difference in how I feel on arrival.

It's no different than driving for 10 hours the cheapest possible rental car vs. driving in a big SUV. Even if both had the same seats, you'd feel more rested in the SUV.

Originally Posted by uastarflyer
Higher ceilings, more cross aisles, more walking space. I will always prefer a 500 square foot hotel room versus a 150 square foot room even if both have identical King Beds.

I will consider the 787 after teething pains are gone due to the humidity - I dry out too easy, carrying saline with me every flight. That would be a decent trade off v the more space in a 747.
^