FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA to Tampa, Orlando or Miami with airmiles
Old Jul 4, 2013, 2:49 pm
trophy

BA to Tampa, Orlando or Miami with airmiles

Is it just me or are there fewer Reward flights available to Florida? Want to fly business class.

Have enough Avios to get to all 3 named destinations but due to lack of reward flights in October and November 2013, I am seriously thinking of booking now with BA half price sale. Using cash and Avios upgrade option from premium economy to business, the cost is about £1,160 whereas half price sale cost is about £1,650.
Dilemma is that my Dad has pre-existing medical conditions so is too early to book now (4 months in advance) and get travel insurance for cancellation due to the length of time between booking and flight departure. So booking now would involve a major risk.

My questions are:
Are BA likely to have another half price sale (end of August maybe) which will be better timing for us as it will be nearer departure date and insurance will be less problematic?
Since Avios took over, are there generally fewer reward seats available or should I leave it nearer the time and cross my fingers and everything else.

We are not tied to any dates but prefer to go late October and early November for about 3 weeks.

Any advice greatly appreciated.