FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/AA merger- MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD/incl 'when will US leave STAR'
Old Jul 3, 2013, 3:28 pm
Fanjet
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by mydreamvacation
I have 335k US dividend miles I am waiting for the 330 mark to open up for our trip which is in 12 days. The departure date is open but not the return. Originally I was going to go out of Boston on Swiss but now I am nervous they won't honor the ticket or I will have problems and I am giving up 200k miles to fly two people business to Rome so I don't want to be left scrambling come next May and June. On US site going from Boston or Hartford is a ridiculous amount 163k each but from CLT I can go for the normal 50k each (each way) I can then either buy a ticket from BDL to CLT or use miles to get that ticket but I am nervous if they pull out of CLT. CLT and PHL are the two closest non stops for me to Rome. We leave on the 16th so I have to act fast the day before we go so any advice would be appreciated
Sir down. Take a deep breath.

Do you seriously think that if they "pull out of CLT" it will be within the next 330+12 days? I do think that CLT will eventually have less flights than it does now. But that it will remain a large hub. I also see a similar situation at PHL. There will be redundancies in the new network that need to be ironed out. However, I would suggest to the people in PHX to brace themselves for more connections and fewer nonstops.