FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:56 am
1KPath

Programs: UA LT GS 4.12MM (4.08MM BIS), AA EXP 1.86MM ,DL DM 1.1MM, HH LT Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky

That is not a good way to introduce yourself to one of the modern-world's most-chaotic airports! Get an earlier train, or come in the night before and stay at an airport hotel. I had to spend an extra day getting home because is was one minute late at check-in. No exceptions, no way, no how, even though it was actually pretty quiet at the time.

It's possible that it can work out, but not likely. The amount of time it takes just to find the right line to stand in (for a newcomer to CDG) is considerable, and the lines for anyone without status are huge. Let us know how it turns out. Absolute minimum departure cushion for me at CDG is two hours, and I plan to be there three hours prior. Hate that, because it's a crummy airport to spend time in.
Correct!!

My advice is to go the evening before and spend the night at CDG...This airport is an organized mess when things are on time and working well and a total disaster when it is not...and you are more likely to experience the latter than the former.

Unfortunately, I am a monthly commuter to Paris and it has gotten so bad that I often fly to BRU and then take a train to Paris!