FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-flight meal/food service: The definitive thread — Archive
Old Jul 2, 2013, 12:56 pm
brocklee9000

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by sky303
I really like Fan Ice...maybe more than Western ice cream...I didn't get to see much of Accra, as I spent most of my time in Kumasi, but went also to Cape Coast, Obuasi, and Temma. I'd love to go back, it was such a great country with a great culture and people. And the food was definitely amazing. Also, I loved the affordability of the country versus my usual haunts of Northern Asia and Western Europe.
Yep. I've heard a lot about Asia and wish to go there some day, but I'm dissuaded by everyone saying how expensive it is. Ghana is very affordable and has a low cost of living. And when I go I always have people to stay with, so my only real costs are the airfare and maybe a souvenir to take home for the family. I grew sick of Fan Ice, but the yogurt was alright (since it's hard to find dairy/calcium sources). Maybe next time I'll just buy some food on my way to the airport and eat that on the plane instead.

Just as an additional note. The food in Y on the way to Ghana isn't halfway bad. If you get the chicken option, it's got rice, chicken, and a really sweet kind of jollof/okra stew. Not quite sure what it is exactly, but it's not bad. The return meal, though, sucked. Rice, a bland beef topping and over-steamed vegetables and a veggie mix that was overinundated with green onions. I couldn't touch most of it.