FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gallivanters's Ultimate Hotel Guide 7th Edition
Old Jun 29, 2013, 6:01 am
mecabq

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Kettering Northants QC
I think many of us get the normal experience on our travels even at supposed legendary hotels. - I still find concierges rarely go beyond providing me with a map and circle in where I should go with a pen, 24 butler service that rarely goes beyond "I'm your butler see you when you check out". General Manager's of hotels never seem to bother trying to meet me, which is actually fine because I'm not bothered about meeting them, in the same way I'm not that bothered about meeting the manager of my local cinema or train station - unless there is a problem.
I totally agree. I guess I am about as low-maintenance a guest as it comes (except when I am with my partner ). A lot of posters here seem to revel in name-dropping every experience they have had with a GM, but that goes with the territory of being a GM at a luxury hotel. I would certainly expect them to solve problems when they arise, although my first contact is always with the front desk if the need arises.