Old Jun 28, 13, 9:42 am
syndney

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Update on stay

*An hour to check in
*Told they don't accept State government id for government rate. I had previously checked with Plat desk and was advised it was fine. (Only used government rate for one night as had meeting today and staying through the weekend on different rate) After pointing that out they agreed to "honor" the rate as a one time courtesy.
*Told I am Gold not Platinum by Front desk clerk and then it is explained to me how I haven't stayed at Starwood enough nights to qualify for Platinum. (I am Platinum)
*Told there is no notes on the reservation i.e. King room request, 25th anniversary
So spending weekend in Double Bed accessible room with peeling wallpaper, stained coverlet (I had housekeeping come change it) Spouse not happy at all.
*Waited 7 hours for a call from Management. Plat Concierge had called the hotel after I checked what status I had with SPG (at front desk's request). Concierge was concerned after I explained what was going on and attempted to contact management at the hotel. As they were all in a meeting, he left a message and asked them to contact me when they came out.
*No contact so I checked with front desk at about 10:30 p.m.. They told me to come back in the morning and it would be worked out. I did so. After a blank look from the front desk when I inquired. I explained the situation. There was not much concern. After complaining for a few minutes, they offered to switch me from the oceanview grand deluxe that I booked to a lower level cityview King bed. (Sigh. Really.)
*All of a sudden a King bed on club level is available, but it will have to be cleaned. Give them an hour and they will call. Waited around and got luggage packed up. No call about the room. Tick tock tick tock.
In the end, I call down to front desk and tell them nevermind. Have a meeting to go to. Only here for 3 nights. Wasted enough time waiting around. Trying to salvage the rest of the weekend. Obviously the Westin Diplomat is unconcerned. I realize I am just one customer. Not expecting the world but maybe just a bit of concern or interest.
Needless to say, not at all reflective of my previous stay. However, based on the lack if interest or concern of management to any of these issues, won't be back to the Diplomat.
By the way, they did have smoked salmon in the club lounge.

Last edited by syndney; Jun 28, 13 at 9:52 am