FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Gallivanters's Ultimate Hotel Guide 7th Edition
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:09 am
behuman

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by Pausanias
Sorry, I thought people might have a sense of fun, humour and irony on this site.
Certainly no sense of fun or whatever on this site when it comes to that specific "guide" or whatever it can be called .

Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
Goodness. I'm actually speechless. I can't think of a good comeback to this tripe that wouldn't get me banned.
A very good idea to be careful if you like your own presence here .

Originally Posted by paul2
I'm a subscriber of the monthly guide and I've bought the seventh edition of the book.
I love it, I love Lyn's style of writing and sense of fun which comes through so clearly to me.
This is your perfect right. I also find Gallivanter's entertaining and her contributions on FT valuable. This said all is just so "déjâ vu" - no discoveries to be expected - always the same usual beaten tracks. Would love to read the book - sure it will lay around at some property I will stay as does her newsletter. Her kind of writing is very personal and pleasant to read for sure.

Just saw the book on sale for GBP 28 - I am tempted.