FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PIN available now for Visa/MC prepaid debit cards(2013-2016).
Old Jun 27, 2013, 7:02 pm
iqbalt80

Programs: AA Plat, UA Gold, AS MVP Gold, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold, US
Must be some super efficient cashier who thinks he/she memorized the patriot act along with the other financial laws. Even though the stores check the ID, they cannot fathom in their gray matter, that a person buying GCs with a CC can easily be traceable.

Originally Posted by cashback
Sooo I normally make my "run" to 4 drug stores and one super market and walk away with about 7K in GCs. They are all within 4 miles from each other.

As I was pulling into Rite Aid tonight, I got pulled over! Turns out Walgreens called the cops on me. The cop questioned me about all the GC purchases and checked my ID w/ my CC. I was truthful and told him why I do this. The unit's detective even stopped by to chat with me and made it seem like he had been looking into me. He explained about all the bad things GCs can be used for and thats why excessive purchases raise red flags. He was fine with my explanation and assured me that since he has talked to me, I can continue without further harassment.

What a night....