FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *A Gold Benefits (TK Elite) on UA AWARD flight booking
Old Jun 27, 2013, 2:10 pm
kayexalate

*A Gold Benefits (TK Elite) on UA AWARD flight booking

Hi, not sure whether to post this here or on the TK forum, but since I'll be flying UA, I figure I'd post it here

I have no elite status on UA because it expired. However I have UA miles that I am thinking of using for a flight to Europe (destination and carriers TBA, but will likely be a combination of UA + some european carriers like LOT or maybe even TK!)

I have *A gold (TK Elite) because they matched my status before my UA elite status expired. And it's good for 2 years. So how can I reap the benefits of that elite status on my award flight booked on UA and its partners?

I plan to try to book everything on the website (I have called in the past due to complicated itineraries but this one should be pretty straight forward so I'm going to book online).

Is there a special way to enter my TK Elite FFB# so I can have access to Economy Plus seating, etc?

When I enter my TK Elite FFB# on my award ticket on the UA website, it doesn't seem to recognize it as anything special and doesn't give me any better choice of seats (asking me to pay for upgrade to economy plus).

I know lounge access should not be a problem b/c I'll just show my TK Elite/*A gold card. But how about for seating choices, baggage, etc?

I remember trying to do this before on a AA Award flight (entering in my LAN FFB# because I had an elite status on LAN). I wasn't able to do it on their website (the FF# was "greyed out"). I called ina nd when the agent tried to do it, it just ended up screwing up my reservation and releasing my seats which I could not retrieve back. She said later that she couldn't enter a different FF# because it was an award ticket so no FF# should be entered anyway (she thought I was trying to get award miles on an award ticket, which I explained was not the reason...)

Anyway, your input would be appreciated. If there's already a thread on this I apologize, but I searched and couldn't find anything.

Last edited by kayexalate; Jun 27, 2013 at 5:51 pm