FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old Jun 25, 2013, 10:46 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Yes, miles per dollar from an authorised purchase is in addition to your credit card miles per dollar.

I believe this is discussed more thoroughly in the proper thread, AAdvantage E-Shopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors (consolidated), but I believe you must sign in and follow the link or risk earning no miles other than the credit card miles. And that thread discusses the lengths of time before miles "hit" as well as other experiences people have had with the provider, Cartera.

Searching thread titles, results in threads, for keyword eshopping, reveals some threads as well.

Originally Posted by pwmboslax
For the AAdvantage eShopping offers:

-When something says 1 mile/$ is that in addition to the base offer from a credit card? (In my case a Citi Platinum)

-Do you have to follow a link from the eShopping portal to purchase from any of their dealers, or will your account register it regardless?

-(unrelated) This could probably go in the CC thread as well, but, I'll ask here as well: How long after purchases go on your statement do miles get calculated and added to your AAdvantage account?

Thanks everyone.