Old Jun 25, 13, 4:23 am
ckendall

Programs: AA EXP; BoNVoY Plat
Originally Posted by jb3t View Post
Need a little DC help. What ares have a better area to hang out in? I'm in my mid 40s and am going to DC with my wife and friends. I stay in Old Town Alexandria a lot for business and like the area a lot. However, I'm not sure how that compares to DuPont Cir or G-Town.

I don't care much to see "the sights". We are more into a place where we can walk out of the hotel, grab some food (ranging from a slice of pizza to a nice meal), and have the wives do some shopping.

Little help?
For me the answer would be Dupont Circle, but then again I live not far away and do some work there. In Dupont there are some great restaurants a few hundred yards from your hotel (Pizza Paradiso is about as good as pizza gets in DC, Obelisk and Al Tiramisu are quite good Italian restaurants), you are near a fair amount of shopping (Connecticut Avenue) and well connected by Metro. For weekday lunches I enjoy CF Folks, and other places of note I can vouch for range from a decent deli (DGS) to hipster tapas (Boqueria) and a hotel with a nice restaurant (Tabard Inn).

I find Georgetown a bit less interesting by comparison; while there are interesting places there I find it a bit more focused on younger (students) and older (owners of expensive local housing) residents.

If you go to the DC forum you will undoubtedly find strong advocates for both locations.

Last edited by ckendall; Jun 25, 13 at 4:24 am Reason: typo