FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Budget Toll Pass RIPOFF (MCO)
View Single Post
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:36 pm
IndigoEyes

Programs: WN CP; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat
Thumbs down Budget Toll Pass RIPOFF (MCO)

FYI - Be careful with the Orlando airport facility - we did NOT activatve the Sun Pass toll tag system in our car (there is a lever you move from "OFF" to "ON" on the toll tag sticker on the windshield), yet we were still charged for tolls. You are charged $3 per day for each day of your rental for "renting" the tag, whether you use it or not, if you activate the switch.

We never activated it - went through 4 tolls, ready to pay cash for all of them. for 3 of them, the Sun Pass worked, even though we didn't activate it.

Just got a post-rental bill from Budget charging me for the tolls (which is fair) PLUS the $3/day fee for a week's rental. I called to dispute it and they effectively told me to GFY, I have no recourse unless I can produce a receipt for the one pull for which i did pay "cash" (which was really throwing a dollar coin into the slot - so of course I did not get a receipt). So they are not going to remove the charge.

I have no doubt that disputing this with my credit card will have it removed, probably as a courtesy by the credit card, not from recouping the $ from Budget, but still their apathy for this business practice is astounding. Further the rental return agent assured me that this is on ongoing problem and people complain about it all the time.