FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NY to Detroit - Food in First Class? [and answer - to be merged]
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:20 am
Apieinthesky

Originally Posted by TWAL10114Ever
Exactly! You can check the "meal" on any AA flight by expanding the flight details of any flight that's bookable on AA.com.

Not only that, but not sure why anyone would be so concerned about a "meal" on a flight from LGA-DTW that they would waste time calling all kinds of folks at American. Not only that, but it's two-hour regional flight at 1025am, I certainly wouldn't expect a breakfast, let alone any type of real meal.
Originally Posted by will2288
This is the first page that appears after searching for a flight. All I did was check the 'plus sign' icon.
Give the OP a break. She already said she found out it was Refreshments. She was asking in particular what that meant, and the AA website does not clearly say that at all.

While I agree a 2 hour flight really should include some sort of meal (some sort of yogurt and fruit would be fine by me). Unfortunately you're on an Eagle flight and it is not within the meal times as defined by AA.

I'm glad I'm almost always on mainline (I think UA and DL have a much higher percentage of flights on RJs, though I may be wrong), and I'm happy to get a meal on STL-LGA, which is barely over two hours. While I wouldn't care that much, sometimes knowing I will have a meal is quite nice, so I can not have to worry about food when I get home at 9pm and just spend time with my SO, etc.