FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013-15 77W / 777-300ER First award seat disruptions and downgrades (consolidated)
Old Jun 23, 2013, 7:17 pm
AA_EXP09
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by guy999
I bought my AA award ticket for 250,000 miles plus taxes 4 months before the flight. I actually did it all over the phone with an AA agent so that there would be no problems. I did mind paying the 20 bucks or whatever.

So today I login to add my passport info etc, and my seats have been cancelled.

Now what they keep telling me is equipment changes, but since I was in a 77W, there are only 8 first class seats, so I don't think they went to a plane with less first class seats than that.

I'm guess I have heard of this on the boards, but this would be a first for me being in a seat and having a seat reserved and then they cancelled it. I guess someone came along and paid full fare and they cancelled me and my wife.

I actually have gold status now, lost my platinum a few years back, but I always fly AA, in fact I live about 10 minutes from DFW so it's been pretty nice, and this is pretty crappy.

I know this is in miles, but I go out of my way to use them, in fact I have passed up better deals to get the miles and fly on AA. I'm still working on it.

any one have any ideas. I into hour 2 on hold, so I have time to write these messages.
Return or OW?
Isn't a oneway at most 100K miles?
(50K for first x2 for AAnytime if applicable.)
Did you ever check your PNR on virtually there?
This CAN'T be a roundtrip given the tax quotation.
(I would view this as a + so I could fly BA F sans YQ.)