Old Jun 23, 13, 4:41 pm
FWAAA
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MollyNYC View Post
Thanks for the info all.
FWAA - maybe you think 10:25 is lunch time, but not to most of the rest of us, especially considering, we're supposed to be at the airport 1 to 2 hours beforehand, and if the TSA is slow that day, it might not leave enough time to have breakfast at the airport. But whether you think it's breakfast time, or lunch time, a piece of fruit, a muffin or a yogurt would be an appropriate snack choice.
Just because 10:25 am is well past breakfast doesn't mean that I think that it's lunchtime.

Unfortunately, your short flight begins long after breakfast is over and ends not long after lunchtime begins, and sadly, will feature no breakfast or lunch for F passengers. Just refreshments, which aa.com describes as beverages and a bag o' snack mix.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/urls/AE_first-class.jsp

In a perfect world (if I were in charge), every flight blocked for 2 hours or more would feature a hot meal in premium cabins. The CR7s and the upcoming E175s would have ovens in F for hot meals.

But it ain't a perfect world, and I'm not in charge. This thread is about the here and now, and you won't get any meal. No fruit, no yogurt and no bowl of cereal.

For me, breakfast occurs when I get up, which is typically 5:00 am or so. Dinner/Supper is typically between 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm and lunch is sometime in the middle between those two meals.

By time I get to an airport for a 10:25 am departure, it's been several hours since I had breakfast. And if lunch has to wait until 2:00 pm or later, a quick snack packed earlier or picked up at the airport is just the ticket.