FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Club Carlson compared to Marriott?
View Single Post
Old Jun 23, 2013, 2:43 am
travelexpert

Programs: AA Plt 3MM; UA 1K 2 MM; MR Lifetime Plat; HH Lifetime Diamond; HH Diamond; IGH Spire Ambas; SPG Gold
I am a Marriott lifetime Platinum who diversified with HH for over a decade as a Road Warriorr. Following HH's MEGA-UBER-SUPER-devaluation earlier this year, I abandoned that ship and switched to CC.

Status match to top tier CC (Concierge level) was refused, so I am a Gold. Stays at two different Radisson's (4 stays at SFO airport and 1 in Madrid) have not gotten any upgrade. Former has added free breakfast. Latter is a Radisson Blu--and it shows. Much better service and infrastructure (spiffier). For my stay in Madrid--Radisson Blu was by far the best choice compared to any Marriott or Hilton option since latter two are quite deficient in that city.

Main drawback to CC is far more limited hotels especially within the US. Marriott and Hilton have properties everywhere--at every price point.

Too early for me to compare MR versus CC for redemption. I have a forthcoming three night stay in Helsinki that used a combination of 2:1 BOGO and last night on cash and points. Both are excellent features that MR does not offer. Another unique feature is "last award night is free" if you have a Club Carlson credit card.

Last edited by travelexpert; Jun 23, 2013 at 2:49 am