FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honeymoon in Asia: SFO-NRT-TPE-HKT-BKK-HND, NRT-SFO (NH C, TG C)
Old Jun 20, 2013, 10:37 am
walawala

Part 6 -- Westin Tokyo

Part 6 -- Westin Tokyo

We arrived at Haneda around 10:30 pm. We took the monorail and connected to the JR Yamanote line. We got off at Ebisu station and walked for about 10-15 minutes to get to the Westin. We were booked into a room on a club floor. They said they upgraded us to a room with a better view because it was our honeymoon -- we got a room on the top floor with city views. They also provided us with a complimentary bottle of champagne.

Our room was quite large for Tokyo:

Complimentary champagne set up for us:

The view from our room (the French building is actually Joel Robuchon, where we ate the second night):

The Westin is at the Yebisu Garden Place, which is basically a shopping center under the green dome. The JR train station is at the far end.

The executive club on the 17th floor. It seemed very new. Perhaps it has been renovated. They serve breakfast here, although the selection is limited compared to 1F. They also have happy hour here every evening.

We opted to eat breakfast downstairs for the most part. While I didn't take any pictures, the selection is very good and quality is high. I've also stayed at the ANA Intercontinental in Akasuka in the past and the breakfasts at the hotels are pretty similar, with a slight edge to ANA because of the vast selections available there. Had we not stayed on a club floor, however, we would not have paid the 3,600 yen to eat breakfast.

The outside of the Westin:

We did some obligatory sightseeing. My wife had never been to Japan, so we went to the Imperial palace, Ginza, and Roppongi Hills on the first day.

Last edited by walawala; Jun 20, 2013 at 1:08 pm