FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MileagePlus Premier Qualifying Dollar (PQD) Requirement Discussion [ARCHIVE]
Old Jun 19, 2013, 10:22 pm
scottish_colin

Originally Posted by Syzygies
Going over this year's flights, every future EWR-SFO round trip has repriced on me. For example, I purchased one trip at 389.00 + 21.80 = 410.80, which now breaks down as 361.86 + 48.94 = 410.80. Several more were 344.00 + 21.80 = 365.80, and are now 320.00 + 45.80 = 365.80.

My best guess is that when taxes go up between purchase and departure, United fixes the fare to compensate, rather than asking us to pony up more money. Will this effect drag people under, who were just making the spend according to their planning? Has United realized this could be an issue yet?

(I realize that this is becoming a write-only thread except for diehards. I pay eGullet $50 a year and I'd gladly pay flyertalk $50 a year, for some pro services like "thread on one page" to facilitate this-thread-only searches. I tried tuning SiteSucker to just fetch the pages of this thread, but gave up, not worth it.)
That's just a limitation of the website. It always shows less taxes at the point where you buy the ticket and get the confirmation compared to the formal eTicket and receipt that arrives shortly thereafter. I always wait for the eTicket and receipt to put the fare/taxes into my tracking spreadsheet.