FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MileagePlus Premier Qualifying Dollar (PQD) Requirement Discussion [ARCHIVE]
Old Jun 18, 2013, 8:02 am
Duke787
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EWR764
I would encourage UA to use this opportunity to roll out some improvement in elite recognition, a la DL, to coincide with the spend requirement. If this airline wants to goose revenue per traveler, at least make the experience something we feel good about spending money on.
I agree with you completely on this. I have no issue with them thinning the ranks at the top, I think pretty much anyone flying for purely business that gets 1K is going to achieve $10k spend. MRs can still be useful if needing to top off from one level to another (aka you have the spend but not the miles).

However if they are going to thin the ranks it would be nice for them to recognize the fact that those at the top are spending $7.5+ and $10+ and give them elite recognition that matches that spend, instead of simply selling all the elite services to the highest bidder (I haven't done the math yet but I'm guessing for example the year E+ subscription is suddenly much more appealing to those that fly enough miles to get gold / silver but won't necessarily have the spend).