Old Jun 18, 13, 3:25 am
dsquared37
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by A_Lee View Post

Also, does anyone know if the Discovery Pass is still valid? There's some good fares listed for HKT-CNX (113USD), but I cannot find anywhere on the home page that it links to this page:
http://www.bangkokair.com/pages/disc...covery-airpass
So I'm worried that it's an old page and the pass isn't available anymore. That price is just marginally higher the TG with their APEX fares, but if I have to buy those at the regular price, then it's going to be quite expensive compared to TG.
That is indeed unexpected. It used to be linkable under the 'Plan Your Trip' heading but I also noticed the other headings have subsections missing right now as well.....

You can get into the main DA page here so I'd think it's still active... possibly an oversight on IT's part?

I made a comment to a res agent in a sales office recently regarding the DA and he noted a change (albeit it was minor and I don't think correct) but didn't say anythign to the effect of the DA no longer being offered.

It never was bookable online though.

One thing to keep an eye out with PG is their fare classes. Similar to TG, where W/V didn't earn until a few days ago, PG has their Q class which earns 5pts lower than all other Y buckets. Unfortunately when Q is available for sale H, the next class up, cannot be purchased online becuase they're included in the same subsection. I've complained about this and been told to pound sand.

Regarding your concern about a 2.5 hr layover late at night, PG 220 has a stop in BKK so it's a direct but 1 stop flight. Fortunately, as per Flight Stats the second leg on-time performance is generally within your threshold. Still a bit risky to have a 1stop connection.