FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat assignment changing immediately after I pick it?
Old Jun 17, 2013, 5:51 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
They changed the equipment BACK to what it was before. And when I changed my mind about a new seat selection I got: "This flight does not permit seat selection "

Grrr. What is going on? Do they lock the record for a few hours when you change your selected seat? The error message is user-unfriendly.

Edited to add: My guess is that award tickets don't actually qualify for advance seat assignment, yet the website allows it if a human being confirming the assignment doesn't catch it. I think my luck on that ran out today. I won't mess with my other reservations which have good assignments.

The Finnair site revealed my current seat assignments, which are acceptable though not ideal. I will try to improve on them at the airport. My chances should be excellent since this flight follows an overnight connection. So I will be asking the evening before travel.

Last edited by nsx; Jun 17, 2013 at 6:16 pm