FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Looking For Guidance - Summer Alaskan Cruise
Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:01 pm
Planodebbie

If you don't need a balcony cabin, I would wait until under 90 days out and monitor Vacationstogo for prices. We just booked our cruise 2 weeks ago. We leave on June 29 for 14 days on the Sapphire Princess and paid only $799 pp for TWO weeks. We are booked for an OV gty room.

Our first cruise to Alaska was on this same ship in a mini suite. While it was nice to have our own balcony, we rarely used it because it was too cold.

Our second cruise to Alaska was on the HAL Amsterdam for 14 days. Booked that one only 5 weeks out and saved a small fortune again.

This will be our third cruise to Alaska, and the second 14 day trip. Can't wait!

If you are able to purchase stock in your 401K or IRA, buy 100 shares of Carnival. For a 7 day cruise, you will get $100 shipboard credit. Since Carnival owns both HAL and Princess, we got $250 shipboard credit on both of our 14 day cruises. We have 100 shares in my husband's account and another 100 in my account. You can only qualify for one credit per cabin. Last year over Spring Break we took the kids on the Carnival Conquest for a week. We booked the cabins with hubby in one room and me in the other. That way we got $100 credit on each cabin. Since we had balcony cabins, my hubby and daughter kept their sign and sail cards and simply entered through the room that they were keyed for, and went through the balcony to the other room.