FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fun Speculation Thread: Does Choice Participate in Daily Getaways & If So, Worth It?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 5:13 pm
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Choice will get more attention this year and the focus seems to be about the conversion to miles values and the Euro redemptions -- it already has relative to last year and the reason for that may be the slower trickling in of the deals and the later schedule.
Haven't been able to track that so far. I just know that The Points Guy managed to mention all of the offers for that week in his headline concerning that week's promotions--except for the Choice promo (although to be fair, he gives it equal billing in the post itself: http://thepointsguy.com/2013/06/dail...y-club-points/).

There are some family-oriented bloggers who may focus on this deal, but Gary and Lucky are unlikely to think even the best European Choice properties are sufficiently aspirational to plug this deal much. Mileage conversion is an option, but if Wyndham is part of the promotion, the bloggers will go there first, especially given the hotel redemption changes Wyndham made to their program earlier this year--as far as I can tell, the main reason to buy Wyndham now is to convert to airline miles, especially if US decides to do another 50% bonus on hotel point to airline transfers--where 8000 Wyndham became 4800 DM, which will eventually become 4800 AAdvantage miles. In comparison and using the same promotion, 10K Choice would become 3K AA. Southwest offers a better conversion ratio for Choice, but again that's a topic the family-oriented bloggers will more likely push.

Just as last year, these deals will be hard to get, but I think that's basically because DG has become more popular overall.