FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hongkong - Asias World City with Qatar C (MUC-DOH-HKG)
Old Jun 16, 2013, 4:25 pm
ARJ85

Programs: Miles & More;
Hongkong - Asias World City with Qatar C (MUC-DOH-HKG)

As i live near Munich Airport (actually closer to the airport than some people living in Munich itself) most of my travel is with Lufthansa and its Star Alliance Friends. But a really good Price for MUC-DOH-HKG - and the fact that Qatar uses the Boeing 787 on the MUC-DOH route was reason enough for me to try something different.

Unfortunately my luck regarding the 787 didn`t change. In december last year i booked a flight with LOT to warsaw with the sole reason to try the 787 - but the plane went technical. And now the same happend - as you alle know the whole fleet got grounded.
So instead of the 787 with the new business class in 1-2-1 layout i had to fly the A330 with the usual c-cabin with 2-2-2.

But lets start with the report.

Soon after takeoff a good selection of drinks was served - including Martinis
(the same glasses where used for ice-cream sundaes after dinner as dessert)

Dinner startet with an amouse bouche created by Star-Chef Nobu Matsuhisa

The table setting included a bread basked for every passenger.

From the different starters available i choose the Arabic Mezze - consistiong of Hummus, Baba Ganoush and Tabouleh.

Follow by a chicken as Main Course.

And some dessert of course.

After spending three hours at the "wonderfull" Doha Airport (i really hope the new airport gets completet soon) it was time to board the 777-300ER that would take me to Hong Kong.

The seats are in the same 2-2-2 layout as on the A330 - but with a greater distance between the rows, so you could lie completely flat.

As it was not too long since my flight from munich - and i also had a few snacks in the lounge i only tried the amouse bouche and went to sleep soon.

On a side note - Qatar is one of the few airlines i know that offers pyjamas in Business Class.

Shortly bevore landing in Hong Kong i had breakfast.

First a smoothie

As with dinner - i also got a bread basked for Breakfast

There was quite a lot on offer for breakfast - but as i was not that hungry i just had some fish.

As we got accustomed to bus transfers during the stop in Doha we of course also had an appron position in HKG and got to drive to the terminal by bus.
Which wasn`t too bad as i got a nice view on Malaysia Airlines new A380.