View Single Post
Old Jun 14, 13, 10:30 pm
abitlost

Programs: UA Silver; Marriott Gold; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by TheBOSman View Post
Most of the JJ flights to deep(er) SA aren't on big planes either , I was in GIG last month and can verify firsthand. I've just always heard that JJ releases almost nothing for award seats so I was curious. Not much wrong with AV of course either. Hopefully the Avios work out well for you!
That seems like a great avios opportunity.

There is also GRU-EZE availability on Turkish in business from GRU to EZE on some days. I think they introduced this route recently, as I saw ads when I was last in Buenos Aires and economy fares EZE-GRU-IST were really cheap (not UA-earning after a certain date, but great vacation fares). As a tag flight, I assume there are many extra seats for award availability.

I know JJ operates flights from GRU to AEP, but UA.com searches on about 8 dates don't show any award availability, which seems odd. GRU-EZE is pretty good, with A330s. If my intended stopover wasn't in Brazil, I think I'd just opt for the 320 from Lima to EZE.

Sorry if this is overly sidetracking from the discussion of the fare. The NYC-GYE just seems like such a great start to a larger vacation.